Monday, February 1, 2010

The Big Snow Storm

































So, we are "trapped" in Raleigh, staying with a great family who is taking amazing care of us! (Thanks Stacey, Hunter, Sydney and Jenna!) I repaid their kindness by getting my car stuck in their lawn and proceeding to destroy said lawn. The nice neighbor (fellow Navy man) came over to help clear the driveway. Note to fellow North Carolinians: if you don't have an ice scraper, your kid's toy hoe can substitute in a pinch!!! The kids had a blast playing in the snow, playing house and just having fun together. I got to do nails and hair, since my friends' kids are girls! I may have overdone it-they were gorgeous!!


Zevi and are here still here in Raleigh; Mordechai had to return to Camp Lejeune to check out, but will join us this afternoon. The plan is to set out tomorrow to hit Kentucky either later tomorrow night or Wednesday.
I just want to add that the McGhees also made this AMAZING General Tso's Chicken and we were lucky enough to have it on Mordechai's Hebrew Birthday! The food was delish and the company divine! We wish we would have met you sooo long ago! Can't wait for you to visit us here in St Louis!!






1 comment:

  1. Wow! Look at all that snow. I'm so jealous! I see it appears you got everything working on your blog. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete