Monday, February 8, 2010

Arriving in Gan Eden











Mazel Tov!!! We made it to St. Louis, or as we affectionately call it, Gan Eden (The Garden of Eden for those non-Hebrew speakers). We arrived safe and sound on Thursday just before the next big snow! It wasn't so bad and we had a lot of fun. Our first Shabbos here was fabulous. I keep forgetting this is our new home and we are not just visiting our friends, the Cohens. I am trying to remember names, but there are so many of them and only 3 of us. We seem to be the talk of the town. We even went to the local grocery store (oh btw the WHOLE BAKERY WAS KOSHER...Gan Eden!) and someone stopped me and introduced herself!!!


Today was a big day: Zevi's first day of school and Mordechai's first day of work. Friday we surprised Zevi and took him to snack time at school. He had so much fun he didn't want to leave! So, Mordechai and I went to Krispy Kreme, got a couple of dozen donuts at the drive thru and went back to my friends' home...Gan Eden.

Over Shabbos, we had lunch with a family who has a 1st grade boy and then he had a play date at ANOTHER kid's house....Gan Eden.

Today we woke up at the crack of dawn (ok, so it was 7:30 am, but it was snowy and cold, so cut us some slack). After a few minutes of being cold and not really awake, my little love drop looked at me and said, "Mom, I don't think I will ever get used to this." We thawed out (thanks for the space heater Cohens!) and got ready. He had a great time! His teacher asked him if he could count by 2s and he gave her a very Zevi look and said "Of course!" (I just hope the duh was under his breath!!)


Mordechai is doubling as a janitor, if anyone needs any help! Tee hee! It's hard to get used to ANOTHER uniform!!!

And I spent the day on the phone with the bank trying to secure a mortgage. FUN FUN FUN! At one point I was almost in tears, so I took a break and went to sign up at the JCC and I ATE LUNCH THERE!...Let's all say it together now....Gan Eden.


Tomorrow my friend and I are going to the JCC gym (Robert is charging now on my Ipod!) and to Weight Watchers. Wednesday and Thursday night the Bais Yaacov here is having their production and I am going to help with make up!! I am very excited! The family we are staying with has a 9th grader and I have met some of the girls while here. Should be a blast!


Will post when we get a new house...wish us luck!!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you are loving life right now! So happy for you and good luck with the house hunting and buying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I'm glad to hear it especially the excitement of Zevi starting at his new school. Tell everyone the Schwab's in KY say hello!

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  3. (insert valley girl accent here) omg!! A jewish community, a school for Zevi and everything you have been begging for...and a KOSHER BAKERY!?!?!?! wait...was that a pig I just saw up there? lol...
    So glad that things are good even without a house..lol has to be a gajillion times better than here in eastern NC..nice teeth shot by the way...lol...have fun house hunting!!

    ReplyDelete